Want to visit our workshop?
We are Europe’s smallest and most alternative bean-to-bar chocolate factory! You can book to be part of a group visit, talk & tasting via our new Airbnb experience page here
Groups: Private group workshops and chocolate tastings are available by arrangement, drop us a line if you would like to come a visit! We can comfortably fit groups of 4-8 adults in our workshop space or, for larger groups and parties we use room 117 at the lovely O’Donovans Hotel in town.
Vitality Expo, RDS Dublin, Sat & Sun Sept 8 & 9
- Wed Sept 12th 2pm @ An Tobairin Healthfood shop, Bandon – Bean-to-bar talk and tasting, book in the shop or ring (023) 885 2985 (€5).
- Thursday Sept 13th from 5:30pm @ Organico Bantry, Artisan food producer evening
- Friday 14th Sept – Clonakilty Walking Food Tour (we are the last stop) Book through Kate at Flavour.ie
- Friday 14th Sept 4pm @ Clonakilty Brewing Company – Beer & Chocolate pairing and brewery tour meet the maker event and tasting. €20, Buy tickets here (please note: this one is advertised at the wrong time in the Taste of West Cork Brochure)
- Saturday 15th Sept @ our Clonakilty Chocolate HQ – Come see where we make our chocolate, learn the steps and taste your way from bean to bar. (€8 per person, book by emailing me at [email protected])
- And last but not least Sunday Sept 16th 7pm, @ Fernhill House Hotel, Clonakilty, in Celebration of Clonkilty Fairtrade Town’s 15th Anniversary, I am organizing:
Fair & Local Gala Dinner cheffed by Caitlin Ruth of Deasy’s
15 years ago, Clonakilty became Ireland’s first Fairtrade town. Join us for a celebratory 5 course dinner showcasing the best ethical ingredients from our region and abroad curated by Caitlin Ruth, head chef of Deasy’s Habour Restaurant. Guests will be treated to a cocktail reception on arrival with live music followed by our Fair & Local Tasting Menu. Throughout the evening there will be an opportunity to meet our special guests and speakers who honour the Irish ethical food movement and our local food producers. Tickets €50, include 5 courses and glass of wine available at www.flavour.ie/fairtrade
Workshops can be tailored to suit your interests and budgets including:
Thanks so much for everything, ye made it so relaxed, which was exactly what we were going for!! I think the bride really enjoyed herself. We all did actually and all the girls have been telling all their friends about it! Thanks so much for all your help again! Christine
…everyone had a great day and couldn’t stop sayin how much they enjoyed it all. Very grateful for it. JL
…thank you again for such an absolutely amazing afternoon, I think I can definitely say it exceeded all of our expectations and all the girls had such a fun time at it!! I will definitely recommend you to anyone going to Clon! Niamh
Thank you so much for a fantastic evening on Friday night. We all truly enjoyed it and learned a lot! Olivia
Micro-factory-visit & Tasting – an introduction to the chocolate making process, learn about all our ingredients, machines and how we use them to make chocolate from-the-bean while sitting inside our studio! Includes a full tasting of all our bars and other goodies! Approx 45 min in length, €50 Euros per group, (max 8 people per group). As we’re a working production area we can only host workshops when we’re not knee deep in chocolate making ourselves so it’s best to get in touch at least 1 week in advance to book in.
Bean-to-Bar workshop – learn about the process of making chocolate from the bean, from how cocoa pods grow to roasting, conching and tempering. Bring a tupperware to bring home what we make. Approx 1.5-2 hours
Raw Chocolate making – learn about the difference between Raw and Roasted chocolate and how to make raw chocolate using tools you have at home. Make raw truffles and chocolate to take home!
Seasonal workshops – Easter Eggs, Santas Sleigh, Mothers’ Day – we offer themed workshops for adults or children (or a mix!) where everyone participates and goes home with plenty of goodies.
Craft Beer & Chocolate Talk, Tour & Tasting – we are lucky to be pals with the lovely Thirsty Frank at the Clonakilty Brewing company, so Frank & I team up at his HQ in Clon and can deliver a very unique tour, talk and tasting. Get in touch to find out more, suits groups of 8-16 people.
To book a workshop or party anytime of the year, gather a group friends and get in touch to sort the finer details!